Skip to main content

Surprise....Surprise.....Suprise!!!


Friday, February 4TH, 2011, John (Kolby's dad) planned a whole evening full of surprises for Kolby and her dear friends. He wanted to plan an extra special and fun evening for Kolby to start off her 16th birthday. It's really hard to surprise Kolby....and John successfully pulled it off.
It began with a surprise dinner at the Olive Garden with her friends, Cody, Mariah, Taylor, Dillon, Kolby, Lexi, Becca and Gabby. Kylie, Jeff, Bentley, John and I were there too. When John brought Kolby to the restaurant, the expression on Kolby's face was priceless. I couldn't believe that we actually pulled off the surprise. Kolby kind of wanted a surprise party, and I basically told her that it would be too hard to pull it off because I really needed her to help me plan it. (Hee-Hee!!!) Then right after dinner, John told the gang that he had an additional activity for them. No one but Dillon and Cody knew what was going on. He took the kids out into the parking lot, walked them around the whole restaurant, and finally guided them over to the limo waiting for them. Bishop Foote was waiting for the kids....he was their limo driver. (THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH Bishop Foote for adding such a wonderful addition to Kolby's surprise....) The kids were so excited for the limo. They still didn't know where they were going. They got into the limo and Bishop Foote drove them to the hotel where they were going to see the show Blue Man Group. Bishop Foote handed them the tickets and told them the surprise activity. They were all so excited. They were texting John and I and telling us how happy they were. We were so happy that we were able to plan such an exciting night for Kolby and her dear friends.
We are so very blessed and so thankful that Kolby is here with us celebrating her 16th birthday happy and healthy. She truly deserves to have every wish come true. Our wish came true....we have Kolby with us here today and the way things are going, it looks like we are going to celebrate many more happy and healthy birthdays. Kolby, I hope you have a happy birthday. It's almost 1:00 a.m. in the morning and you are officially 16 years old today. Happy Birthday sweetheart! I love you with all my heart. I hope your birthday brings you so much happiness and memories that you will remember forever!!! Happy Birthday.

Comments

  1. Wow, that sounds like a lot of fun! Good work on pulling that off! And of course, a Very Happy Birthday to Kolby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH!!!! I am so glad she is celebrating her big 16th in style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stella Wilson RinconFebruary 10, 2011 at 1:36 PM

    Gave me some happy tears reading this. So awesome to see her so happy & feeling great. What an awesome surprise too. Kudos for pulling that off without getting caught! LOL Praying prayers of thanks and for continued health for Kolby. Glad she had an awesome birthday. She deserved the best & got it. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A little note from me, Kolby.

I want thank Kristi and Kylie for designing these T-Shirts. At first I didn't want my name on the shirt. I really do not like having the attention on me. But, after I saw them I really liked them. Thank you Kristi and Kylie. Also, thank you so much Vicki and Dale for making the t-shirts, you did a great job. I just love them. Thank you!!! This has been really hard on me. I wish I felt better and I want my healthy body back. I miss hanging out with my friends and doing the things I like. I also do not like it when I feel sick. The blisters in my throat and mouth are gone right now, but when I take chemo again I know they will come back. It has been nice feeling good these last few days. I haven't had to have chemo this week because of the scans. It is such a good feeling to feel good again. I never really appreciated my healthy body till now. The chemo makes me feel horrible. I have no energy. I feel nauseous all the time and I get horrible headaches. They hurt so bad. I get s

Father's Day

Today was a great day for our family. Kolby went to church. It was a challenge , but it was really important for Kolby to go to church today with her dad. She got up, got ready and she looked beautiful. I really wish I would have taken pictures of the girls with their dad, but we were in such a hurry to get off to church that I forgot. Next time I will for sure. She was pretty emotional at church. It was a lot for her to get ready and go to church for the first time in a while. She wanted to arrive a few minutes late, and leave a few minutes early. It is really hard for Kolby to see people, only because of all the different emotions she is feeling right now. She gets very emotional when people hug her and express their love and support. She loves it, but right now, she cries every time she has a new visitor or sees people. So, please do not get offended if Kolby is quiet when you see her or visit with her. It's just how she is right now, and that's ok . Everyone deals wit

ONE YEAR CANCER FREE!!!

I am beyond blessed! I finally hit my one year mark on May 22, 2012. After going through chemo for a year and waiting for the those cancer cells to be gone, I have been free from it for a whole year! I cant even begin to tell everyone how excited i am! For my one year, I did some of my favorite things. I went to lunch with Kylie at Panda Express, Outback for dinner with my dad and Gabby and then went and got ice cream at Baskin Robbins! :))