Skip to main content

A little note from me, Kolby.


I want thank Kristi and Kylie for designing these T-Shirts. At first I didn't want my name on the shirt. I really do not like having the attention on me. But, after I saw them I really liked them. Thank you Kristi and Kylie. Also, thank you so much Vicki and Dale for making the t-shirts, you did a great job. I just love them. Thank you!!!
This has been really hard on me. I wish I felt better and I want my healthy body back. I miss hanging out with my friends and doing the things I like. I also do not like it when I feel sick. The blisters in my throat and mouth are gone right now, but when I take chemo again I know they will come back. It has been nice feeling good these last few days. I haven't had to have chemo this week because of the scans. It is such a good feeling to feel good again. I never really appreciated my healthy body till now. The chemo makes me feel horrible. I have no energy. I feel nauseous all the time and I get horrible headaches. They hurt so bad. I get so emotional when I take the steroids and I do not feel like myself. The side effects of the chemo are horrible. But I know I have to take it to get better. My family is taking such good care of me and I thank them. I know this is hard on them too. Everytime my parents take me to the doctors it cost them money. So raising money by selling these shirts will really help out. Thank you for getting a shirt. Please take a picture wearing it so my mom can put it on my blog. Her email is dmcjpc@gmail.com

I also want to say thank youto every one who has come by and visited me and for sending me presents and cards and flowers. I also want to thank Vicki from the Wig Cottage for being so nice and helping me. I feel better about myself and I love all you did for me. Dad, thank you for everything too. I know if i need something all I have to do is ask. I love you so much and i could never thank you enough for everything you do for me. You always make me feel better even when I don't. Thank you Jeff and Kylie for coming over and keeping me company and trying to make me laugh. I can't wait till Bentley gets here. Kristi, thank you to for being my big sister and for hanging with me all the time. You keep my mind off of things and we have so much fun. Mom thank you to for taking such good care of me. I know I give you a hard time, but thats what daughters do. lol I love you mom. I love my family and my friends that come and visit me. Everyone thank you so much for everything. I love reading my blog and the comments that everyone makes. It makes me smile and sometimes cry. Thank you for following the blog and writing on it.

When we have family prayer at night, we thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers and we pray for you too. Thank you for praying for me. Please keep praying for me. I have a long year ahead of me and I know I can do this with all of you.

Love, Kolby


Comments

  1. Kolby,
    You made me cry!! You are so strong and I appreciate the example you are to me and everyone around you. I can't even begin to imagine what you are going thru, but I do know how much our Heavenly Father loves you! And that you and all of the rest of us babies :) can rely on him also. I think of you daily - constantly. Hopefully good news will come tomorrow. It's so good to hear from you on the blog - ya know we love your mom and all, but........ :) it is just good to hear from you. Love ya Miss Kolby!!

    Jodi Thomson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kolby, you keep having those good days!!! I love your pictures, you look great! We read your blog everyday to keep up to speed. We love the shirts and will be ordering some soon. You are a beautiful and strong girl, keep fighting! You can and will WIN!!! Love ya so much, Debbi Lopez and family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear you are feeling better, Kolby! We look at your blog every day to see your updates and pray for you every night!

    I will make sure to get a picture of the girls in their shirts...they were so excited when I brought them home last night.

    We love you guys!

    Love,
    Keri and Family

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was wonderful hearing from you! You really are a strong and amazing girl. We know that trials can make us stronger if we let them, and you're the kind of person who will grow from this kind of thing rather than let it get you down and bitter. No doubt you'll struggle through it till the end, but YOU will get through it and come out even stronger in the end. (then you'll be BEYOND amazing. hehe) Thank you for your words (which made me cry). No doubt I'll continue to pray for you and your family!

    Lots of Love Kolby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kolby, really I think I should be thanking you. I'm not sure if you see your trial this way, but you have really helped me. Through the expression of your feelings and thoughts, through your quiet determination and actions, through the loving gestures and words of your family, you have given me strength, hope, love and faith. I love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kolby, you are one AMAZING girl. Our family is going to get t-shirts for us all. I wear your bracelet all of the time and think and pray for you. I am so proud of you and of your family and I love you all more than I can express.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kolby! You look great :) You know how to work ANY fashion ensemble, even a t-shirt. They turned out totally; I La-OVE 'em. . . how do I get one? Love you girl and ditto to what everyone has already written.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kolby - thanks for sharing with your readers. I read your blog everyday and pray for you, too.

    This is a artilc from today's Las Vegas Review Journal by John L Smith whose daughter Amelia has 'beaten' cancer. It was inapiring and I thought you and your family might find it inspiring, too.

    http://www.lvrj.com/news/going-bald-to-fight-cancer-is-worth-million-bucks-97652034.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kolby, you have such a good attitude and you are so tough! Thanks for being such a great example to all of us. We are praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Kolby!
    i just wanted to say i miss you! and im glad to hear that you are having some good days! you're a strong girl and i know you will fight! you're a great girl and i hope that you get better every day and that you keep fighting!
    you're in my heart and all my families prayers!
    Love you Kolby!
    Keep Fighting

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Father's Day

Today was a great day for our family. Kolby went to church. It was a challenge , but it was really important for Kolby to go to church today with her dad. She got up, got ready and she looked beautiful. I really wish I would have taken pictures of the girls with their dad, but we were in such a hurry to get off to church that I forgot. Next time I will for sure. She was pretty emotional at church. It was a lot for her to get ready and go to church for the first time in a while. She wanted to arrive a few minutes late, and leave a few minutes early. It is really hard for Kolby to see people, only because of all the different emotions she is feeling right now. She gets very emotional when people hug her and express their love and support. She loves it, but right now, she cries every time she has a new visitor or sees people. So, please do not get offended if Kolby is quiet when you see her or visit with her. It's just how she is right now, and that's ok . Everyone deals wit

ONE YEAR CANCER FREE!!!

I am beyond blessed! I finally hit my one year mark on May 22, 2012. After going through chemo for a year and waiting for the those cancer cells to be gone, I have been free from it for a whole year! I cant even begin to tell everyone how excited i am! For my one year, I did some of my favorite things. I went to lunch with Kylie at Panda Express, Outback for dinner with my dad and Gabby and then went and got ice cream at Baskin Robbins! :))