Skip to main content

Father's Day

Today was a great day for our family. Kolby went to church. It was a challenge, but it was really important for Kolby to go to church today with her dad. She got up, got ready and she looked beautiful. I really wish I would have taken pictures of the girls with their dad, but we were in such a hurry to get off to church that I forgot. Next time I will for sure. She was pretty emotional at church. It was a lot for her to get ready and go to church for the first time in a while. She wanted to arrive a few minutes late, and leave a few minutes early. It is really hard for Kolby to see people, only because of all the different emotions she is feeling right now. She gets very emotional when people hug her and express their love and support. She loves it, but right now, she cries every time she has a new visitor or sees people. So, please do not get offended if Kolby is quiet when you see her or visit with her. It's just how she is right now, and that's ok. Everyone deals with illness and emotions differently, and this is how Kolby deals with it at the moment, and we just love her right through it. After church we had a big breakfast for her dad and her grandpa. The whole family was over and it was so nice to see Kolby sitting up, dressed, with make up on, and visiting with the fam. Like old times. Looking at Kolby all dressed up and ready you would never know how sick she was. She is so beautiful, and just such a wonderful daughter, friend, cousin, granddaughter, and sister. We cannot express enough how much we love and adore our Kolbsters. After everyone left, Kolby was extremely tired, so we all then took naps. (Even the new puppy, Kirby).
When we woke up from our nap John took the puppy out front and he found a gift bag for Kolby by the door. She opened it up and someone had all these bracelets made for Kolby that had "Keeping Kolby" printed on them. There was a card and a message expressing love and support and it was anonymous. She cried. It was such a thoughtful and amazing surprise. Whoever thought of this and had these made for her....you did really good. We loved them. We are all excited to wear them. Especially Kolby. It was absolutely perfect! Everyone in the fam is wearing one. Thank you so very much. Our family really appreciates it and please know how thankful we are. We love you!
If anyone would like to have a bracelet to wear to show your love and support for Kolby please click on the "comment" link after this message, and just let Kolby know. I will be happy to get one to you.

Our family is so thankful and overwhelmed by every one's thoughtfulness. I know that some have expressed that they do not know what to say to us. Please do not feel that way. Because of all of you and your friendship, love, prayers, and support we are able to get through each day. Even though Kolby has difficult days, she knows of every one's love and she is so thankful and she feels very loved. Thank you everyone. This Father's Day has been a wonderful day. Kolby loves her dad so much, and she has had a great Father's Day with her Dad and family. We know that when Kolby has days like this that our prayers and being heard and answered. Please continue to pray for Kolby. We know that our Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers in quiet and sweet moments like today. Today was a great day!

Comments

  1. We love, love, love following your blog. You all are amazing (must run in the family, ha ha). We would love to have a few of the keeping Kolby bracelets if you have a few left. We are happy for your great fathers day, and know there will be many more good days ahead. We will visit soon. All our love, The Haugh's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!! The Keeping Kolby bracelets are perfect. If you have one to spare, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to wear it so I can remember to pray for Kolby even more often throughout the day. I love all of you!!! And I am so grateful Kolby made it to church today!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was great to see your family at church today. I enjoyed your Mom's talk. I would have said "Hello" but I ran off early to set up nursery. The air conditioning is still not working so we were HOT in there today, again! I am glad you had a great Father's Day, see you soon.
    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's awesome! Really, people are amazing and so like Christ! If you have enough I would like a bracelet. That's such a great idea and will help to keep her in my thoughts and prayers even MORE :)

    I was so excited when I heard that you all were at church. I was sick AGAIN! I think I might be having gallbladder problems but still, I'm sad I keep missing you at church :) I'm SOOOO happy that Kolby and all of you had such a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dana,
    So glad that Kolby and the family had good day. What an amazing Father's Day gift. We are praying for her everyday. We would love to have a four bracelets if you can spare them. We all pray for her as a family every day and it would be so nice to have them. We love you guys! HUGS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Sis Crampton, I read the blog everyday and for good news! It makes my heart go like a rollercoaster!! Hey if there is ever anything that I can do, even if it is to read a book to her or something, I would be happy to do so. Let me know if there really is something that would make your lives easy. I have lots of spare time on my hards especially during the day if you need tomsone to come over or whatever, Just give me a ring! 801-719-1193
    Much Love, Spenser Arn
    ps. Could I snag of those bracelets? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was so, so good to see Kolby at church. She DID look as beautiful as ever. I would love a bracelet. I feel like I already wear one on my heart. Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I, too, was so excited to look up and see Kolby at church yesterday. Emma and I both agreed that she looked so dang cute. I actually think hats are perfect for Kolby's stylish flare!

    I realize that going to church must have been a huge undertaking, but she pulled it off and looked amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My loving Crampton Family!

    Dana, you are amazing to keep this up for Kolby. I read it religiously. I love Kolby, she has always been such a ray of sunshine and she is growing up to be such a beautiful young lady! I wish I was there..I would be there everyday if I could. We will be down end of July and will HAVE to come visit. I would love to wear a bracelet if you guys have any extras! Here's my address if you want to mail one..only if you want :) If not, I think my parents are coming up beginning of July. Jason would support and wear one as well! 61 North 1200 East Orem, UT 84057. You are in our prayers. Love you Kolby and Family...SO MUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you don't mind, I would loove a "Keeping Kolby" bracelet :) Kolby I was sooo glad to see you yesterday! I hope your good days continue :) I love you you cutie pie :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want one! or two? I'd sport them all over if I could! That's awesome :) and what a happy father's day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We will bring over more bracelets - we have about 50 more - I think you are going to need them. Just let us know when you need more and we will take care of it. Post it on here that more are needed. We have been handing them out also. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have never spoken to you or your mom or dad but I have seen you in church in front of me. I am praying for you all and know that Heavenly Father is looking down on all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous....thank you so much for being so thoughtful and having these amazing bracelets made. I wish I could personally thank you...so please know how much our family appreciates you. Thank you....thank you....thank you!
    Dana "The Momma"

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ashlee Phillips (:June 28, 2010 at 1:57 PM

    I love reading this blog with my mom. Her mom went through the same thing. I miss you so much Kolby! I'd love to have a bracelet if that's possible! Thanks, love you girl (:

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love reading your blog kolby. i can really relate to how your feeling. my dad has cancer. & has been doing his treatments for about 2 years now. youre a trooper. & youll pull through all of this with your friends & family beside youu. & the braclets are adorableee. loveee youuu. youre in my prayers (:

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Kolby well i have seen you around School when you were in eighth grade and i just want to let you know that i pray for you and i love following your blog i really hope that your sickness goes away real quick and i dont know you i am only in seventh grade but you will always have a place in my heart (:

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A little note from me, Kolby.

I want thank Kristi and Kylie for designing these T-Shirts. At first I didn't want my name on the shirt. I really do not like having the attention on me. But, after I saw them I really liked them. Thank you Kristi and Kylie. Also, thank you so much Vicki and Dale for making the t-shirts, you did a great job. I just love them. Thank you!!! This has been really hard on me. I wish I felt better and I want my healthy body back. I miss hanging out with my friends and doing the things I like. I also do not like it when I feel sick. The blisters in my throat and mouth are gone right now, but when I take chemo again I know they will come back. It has been nice feeling good these last few days. I haven't had to have chemo this week because of the scans. It is such a good feeling to feel good again. I never really appreciated my healthy body till now. The chemo makes me feel horrible. I have no energy. I feel nauseous all the time and I get horrible headaches. They hurt so bad. I get s

ONE YEAR CANCER FREE!!!

I am beyond blessed! I finally hit my one year mark on May 22, 2012. After going through chemo for a year and waiting for the those cancer cells to be gone, I have been free from it for a whole year! I cant even begin to tell everyone how excited i am! For my one year, I did some of my favorite things. I went to lunch with Kylie at Panda Express, Outback for dinner with my dad and Gabby and then went and got ice cream at Baskin Robbins! :))