Skip to main content

"What I Know About Kolby"



I know when Kolby was born we used to call her chunky monkey. She was so chubby; she had rolls all over her body. I know her eyes have always been big, beautiful and brown. We used to say she looked like Dora the explorer. I know when she was a toddler Kylie and I would tell her to put her mouth on the hose then we would tell her we would turn the water on only “a little bit” so she could get a drink of it. Than we would turn it on full blast and giggle as we watched the water spilling out of her mouth. She seemed to fall for it every time. I know as a young child I would “trade” her, my $3 one dollar bills for her $5 dollar bill because she would be “getting the better deal with more bills”. (I know I was an evil big sister). I know growing up You Got Mail was mine and Kolby’s favorite movie. We watched this all the time, especially when we went camping. I know she loves the movie The Wedding Planner, we have watched this hundreds of times and it has become her “comfort” movie. I know her favorite color is pink and she loves to eat sour patch kids. I know every time we go to McDonalds, Kolby order’s kid chicken nuggets, two sweet and sour sauces and a coke, the exact same as when she was young. I know at times she can be so serious like our dad but she has the biggest heart and cares and loves everyone around her. I know it may take awhile but once you have Kolby laughing she can’t stop. I know she is so hilarious and if you catch her in a funny mood she will have you bustin a gut. I know she loves to feel girly. She would spend a good amount of time getting ready and making sure everything was perfect. Not a hair out of place. I know she has a wonderful testimony of the gospel and is one of the greatest examples of someone who is truly Christ-like. I know when she smiles it lights up the room and you can’t help to smile as well. I know she is so smart and witty but quiet and gentle. I know I would love nothing more than to take this horrible cancer away from her, to make things all better. I know as I watch her little body day after day fighting and surviving, I silently pray that her burdens are lightened. I know my heart aches every time I see a tear escape from her eyes from the pain she feels. I wish I could take it for her so she wouldn’t have to go through pain. I know she is truly the most beautiful girl I know inside and out. I know when she gets older she will make some boy the luckiest man in the world to get her. I know she will be a great mom as well. What I hope she knows is that I love her more than she will ever know. I hope she knows that she’s my hero!! Superman and Batman don’t even compare to Kolby. I hope she knows she is such a wonderful example to everyone around her, especially me. Kolby is a wonderful sister, friend, granddaughter and daughter. I’m lucky and blessed to call her my sister…my friend. I am here for you one hundred and ten percent. I love you my Kolbsters!!!!
From your big sis Kristi

Comments

  1. Kristi, that was so sweet! It brought tears to my eyes and I appreciate you sharing the love you have for you sister. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I LOOOOOOVE that first picture (top left). Kolby you are A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E. SERIOUSLY :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fun to have a blog post from a big sister's perspective! I do have to admit, it caught me off guard at the beginning and I thought it was your mom writing. When I got to the part about the hose, I was confused but giggled through it thinking that Dana was quite the little prankster. It all makes sense now :)

    Hey, I feel so bad that I missed seeing your family today and celebrating the anticipated arrival of Baby Boy Burr. We've been out of town and just got home about an hour ago. Of course, I had to check in and see how Kolby has been doing.

    I'm so happy that Vicki has been such a lifesaver with Kolby's hair. But I'm so bummed to hear about the miserable mouth/throat sores. Isn't being nauseous enough? It just isn't fair...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That picture of Kolby drinking from the house mixed with Kristi's story of tricking her made me laugh. What a sweet family. I just love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristi,
    You are amazing and you have always been the best big sister to Kolby. I can vouch :) You were a little trickster weren't you! Ha
    Love you Kolby. We pray every day and night for you. Every time we go to the temple we make sure to write your families name down a couple times. ;) You all mean the absolute WORLD to me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A little note from me, Kolby.

I want thank Kristi and Kylie for designing these T-Shirts. At first I didn't want my name on the shirt. I really do not like having the attention on me. But, after I saw them I really liked them. Thank you Kristi and Kylie. Also, thank you so much Vicki and Dale for making the t-shirts, you did a great job. I just love them. Thank you!!! This has been really hard on me. I wish I felt better and I want my healthy body back. I miss hanging out with my friends and doing the things I like. I also do not like it when I feel sick. The blisters in my throat and mouth are gone right now, but when I take chemo again I know they will come back. It has been nice feeling good these last few days. I haven't had to have chemo this week because of the scans. It is such a good feeling to feel good again. I never really appreciated my healthy body till now. The chemo makes me feel horrible. I have no energy. I feel nauseous all the time and I get horrible headaches. They hurt so bad. I get s

Father's Day

Today was a great day for our family. Kolby went to church. It was a challenge , but it was really important for Kolby to go to church today with her dad. She got up, got ready and she looked beautiful. I really wish I would have taken pictures of the girls with their dad, but we were in such a hurry to get off to church that I forgot. Next time I will for sure. She was pretty emotional at church. It was a lot for her to get ready and go to church for the first time in a while. She wanted to arrive a few minutes late, and leave a few minutes early. It is really hard for Kolby to see people, only because of all the different emotions she is feeling right now. She gets very emotional when people hug her and express their love and support. She loves it, but right now, she cries every time she has a new visitor or sees people. So, please do not get offended if Kolby is quiet when you see her or visit with her. It's just how she is right now, and that's ok . Everyone deals wit

ONE YEAR CANCER FREE!!!

I am beyond blessed! I finally hit my one year mark on May 22, 2012. After going through chemo for a year and waiting for the those cancer cells to be gone, I have been free from it for a whole year! I cant even begin to tell everyone how excited i am! For my one year, I did some of my favorite things. I went to lunch with Kylie at Panda Express, Outback for dinner with my dad and Gabby and then went and got ice cream at Baskin Robbins! :))