Skip to main content

The Weekend!

Saturday....."Daddy Daughter Day!"
Kolby and John spent the whole day together. It was Kylie's baby shower, and Kolby wasn't feeling well enough to go. I admit, I was very very disappointed. John gave up a round of golf to stay home and take care of his baby girl. It was actually nice for John and Kolby. John is so good with Kolby. She was very emotional all day. He has a way of calming her down and getting her to take her meds and feel better even under the most painful situations. Her throat is horrible. Sores and blisters under her tongue, roof of her mouth, on her cheeks and gums and down her throat. She does not want to talk, swallow, or eat when it is like that. Her dad got her some Ensure and she was able to slowly sip it down. Fortunately, the new nausea medicine is really working. She has to take Benadryl with it though. If she doesn't her joints can lock up. She got a little freaked out because her tongue started to feel weird. The Benadryl hadn't kicked in yet and she felt like she lost control of her tongue. She did not like this at all. John stepped right in again and calmed her down....and immediately ran out and got her gel benadryl pills. He tries his hardest to help Kolby out. I cannot stress enough how wonderful he is with her. I admit, it is nice that they have that special relationship. I do not know what I would do without him. Right before Kolby went to bed, she asked her father to give her a father's blessing. He gave her the most beautiful blessing. Kolby cried. We are so thankful for blessings and for the gospel. We know that the Lord watches over us and blesses our lives especially through difficult times. We also know that he doesn't always take away our pains and trials. If he did, we wouldn't learn from these experiences. Even though I hate seeing Kolby go through this disease....I know that he is preparing her for a very special calling in life. Trials make us strong, and Kolby knows that. She says she prays every night and she has a special relationship with the Lord. She knows he hears her prays and answers her prayers.

Sunday....
Kolby didn't feel well enough to attend church today. She slept in till 11:00. So, I stayed home with her and John went. However, when she did wake up her mouth felt a little better. The roof of her mouth hurt, but she was able to eat some soft solid foods. Her dad made all of us pancakes for breakfast. Kolby slept most of the day. When she woke up she wanted pasta for dinner. Kristi made dinner tonight, pasta and bread. Kolby ate her dinner. Kylie, Jeff, and Dillon came over and ate with us. Then we sat in the pool and visited. Kolby would only put her feet in. At least we got her off the couch for a while. We turned on the barbecue and roasted marshmallows, and made smores. Kolby had a marshmallow. It was a fun night. Kolby even smiled a few times. Hopefully she is on her way to having a better day tomorrow.

Comments

  1. Sorry for the rough weekend. I hope those sores get better really soon--Kolby should get a little break while she is not doing the chemo.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A little note from me, Kolby.

I want thank Kristi and Kylie for designing these T-Shirts. At first I didn't want my name on the shirt. I really do not like having the attention on me. But, after I saw them I really liked them. Thank you Kristi and Kylie. Also, thank you so much Vicki and Dale for making the t-shirts, you did a great job. I just love them. Thank you!!! This has been really hard on me. I wish I felt better and I want my healthy body back. I miss hanging out with my friends and doing the things I like. I also do not like it when I feel sick. The blisters in my throat and mouth are gone right now, but when I take chemo again I know they will come back. It has been nice feeling good these last few days. I haven't had to have chemo this week because of the scans. It is such a good feeling to feel good again. I never really appreciated my healthy body till now. The chemo makes me feel horrible. I have no energy. I feel nauseous all the time and I get horrible headaches. They hurt so bad. I get s

Father's Day

Today was a great day for our family. Kolby went to church. It was a challenge , but it was really important for Kolby to go to church today with her dad. She got up, got ready and she looked beautiful. I really wish I would have taken pictures of the girls with their dad, but we were in such a hurry to get off to church that I forgot. Next time I will for sure. She was pretty emotional at church. It was a lot for her to get ready and go to church for the first time in a while. She wanted to arrive a few minutes late, and leave a few minutes early. It is really hard for Kolby to see people, only because of all the different emotions she is feeling right now. She gets very emotional when people hug her and express their love and support. She loves it, but right now, she cries every time she has a new visitor or sees people. So, please do not get offended if Kolby is quiet when you see her or visit with her. It's just how she is right now, and that's ok . Everyone deals wit

ONE YEAR CANCER FREE!!!

I am beyond blessed! I finally hit my one year mark on May 22, 2012. After going through chemo for a year and waiting for the those cancer cells to be gone, I have been free from it for a whole year! I cant even begin to tell everyone how excited i am! For my one year, I did some of my favorite things. I went to lunch with Kylie at Panda Express, Outback for dinner with my dad and Gabby and then went and got ice cream at Baskin Robbins! :))