Skip to main content

Great Hair Day!

I think that is safe to say that almost everyone…has had some kind of a really bad hair day!!! I bet you even have friends or family who happen to have priceless photos of a few of your “Really Bad Hair Day” moments!! I think I may have seen some of you on T.V.’s “Americas Funniest Home Videos”!!!

On Friday at 4 o’clock in the afternoon we had an appointment to fix the “Bad Hair Day” that Kolby has been having. We have some dear friends who also have their youngest Daughter fighting with cancer. Mike & Debbie Dean have been an inspiration to our family along with their teenage daughter Jamie. Jamie has been fighting a battle with Leukemia since November of last year and it has been incredibly hard on her and her family. They have been such an amazing example of how a family pulls together and works through trials. Jamie’s older sister was the donor for her bone marrow transplant. This whole family has sacrificed a lot and really been through a lot this last year and yet they have handled it with incredible grace and poise. They were kind enough to give us pointers on what to expect during Chemo treatment and even recommended a shop that specializes in wigs for patients undergoing treatment.

Can I just tell you that THE WIG COTTAGE is an amazing place!!!!!!! You could forget…that they have the finest wigs found in Las Vegas compared to all the others in town. (Believe me; we checked all of the other places out, and with Las Vegas being an entertainment capital of the world, that is saying a lot!!) You could also forget… that they are very reasonably priced, or that their shop is well decorated, fully stocked and accessorized. You could probably forget a few things about that shop, but the one that you will never forget is how the owner Vicki Roney makes you feel in her presence!!! She is incredibly sweet, amazingly kind, warm, understanding and was so compassionate when we brought Kolby in to see her.

She turned what was going to be recorded on Kolby’s Blog as another bad day…into what was one her happiest days since this whole terrible thing got started. Vicki wears a wig due to a medical condition and as she whipped them on and off her head like a professional entertainer doing an instant wardrobe change. She actually reminded me of the sweet fairy godmother on the Disney version of Cinderella. She was waving her wand and working miracles with Kolby’s bad hair day! She started her fitting for Kolby with suggestions and recommendations. She always custom fits her work and you will probably need to come back because she needs time to get it perfect for you.

Vicki made Kolby feel both special and beautiful all in one visit. Kolby for once saw a little light at the end of her tunnel, and no matter what else bad happened on Friday, tomorrow now looked a lot brighter. Vicki went above and beyond as a shop owner. She was amazing!!! It is truly inspiring to see what people can do…when they give their heart in helping others.

Comments

  1. That is GREAT!! It brought a smile to my face to know that maybe, just maybe this part of it could be a teeny big ok. (If ok is even a fitting word.) I'm glad that Kolby felt special because she IS! Thanks for sharing! Love you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear Kolby's wig shopping experience started out positive! Don't worry Kolby, you are going to be adorable in your wig. My sister in law had breast cancer and she loved her wig. It looked so cute on her and you would never have guessed it was a wig unless she told you. The whole time she was in treatment she had the best looking hair in the room because her wig always looked perfect! She says she is keeping it forever to help deal with those future bad hair days!
    Keep hanging in there Kolby, there are lots of people praying for you and loving you!!
    Lots of love to you from Kristie McCallum and family!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A little note from me, Kolby.

I want thank Kristi and Kylie for designing these T-Shirts. At first I didn't want my name on the shirt. I really do not like having the attention on me. But, after I saw them I really liked them. Thank you Kristi and Kylie. Also, thank you so much Vicki and Dale for making the t-shirts, you did a great job. I just love them. Thank you!!! This has been really hard on me. I wish I felt better and I want my healthy body back. I miss hanging out with my friends and doing the things I like. I also do not like it when I feel sick. The blisters in my throat and mouth are gone right now, but when I take chemo again I know they will come back. It has been nice feeling good these last few days. I haven't had to have chemo this week because of the scans. It is such a good feeling to feel good again. I never really appreciated my healthy body till now. The chemo makes me feel horrible. I have no energy. I feel nauseous all the time and I get horrible headaches. They hurt so bad. I get s

Father's Day

Today was a great day for our family. Kolby went to church. It was a challenge , but it was really important for Kolby to go to church today with her dad. She got up, got ready and she looked beautiful. I really wish I would have taken pictures of the girls with their dad, but we were in such a hurry to get off to church that I forgot. Next time I will for sure. She was pretty emotional at church. It was a lot for her to get ready and go to church for the first time in a while. She wanted to arrive a few minutes late, and leave a few minutes early. It is really hard for Kolby to see people, only because of all the different emotions she is feeling right now. She gets very emotional when people hug her and express their love and support. She loves it, but right now, she cries every time she has a new visitor or sees people. So, please do not get offended if Kolby is quiet when you see her or visit with her. It's just how she is right now, and that's ok . Everyone deals wit

ONE YEAR CANCER FREE!!!

I am beyond blessed! I finally hit my one year mark on May 22, 2012. After going through chemo for a year and waiting for the those cancer cells to be gone, I have been free from it for a whole year! I cant even begin to tell everyone how excited i am! For my one year, I did some of my favorite things. I went to lunch with Kylie at Panda Express, Outback for dinner with my dad and Gabby and then went and got ice cream at Baskin Robbins! :))