Skip to main content

The Munchies

Kolby woke from a well rested 2 days of sleeping. She got up, ate breakfast, and stayed awake for a while. Then she wanted a cold drink. She said that a Strawberry Cream from Starbucks sounded great. I told her I would only go get her one if she went with me. She protested at first, but I forced her to go. It was a nice little venture out, but she didn't think so. She came home and took her meds. I no longer have to crush up her meds, her sore throat is almost all gone. (Thank goodness). Then she took a mini nap. Mindie Barlow and Tiffany Mohler came over for a fun visit. Kolby said she could tell that I was in need of visitors. LOL This was what made the day! Kolby wanted pizza for lunch. Deriann and Greg went and got Little Ceasers cheese pizza and bread sticks for her. She ate 2 pieces and a bread stick. She loved every bite. And she was able to keep it down. Then she crashed again for a nice long nap. After she woke up, we talked her into sitting in the backyard and putting her feet into the pool. We saw a half rainbow and some white birds flying by. It was really nice. Kylie and Jeff came over and visited with her too. Then her dad got home, helped her in the house and she took another nap. She woke up and wanted a chocolate chip cookie, a bread stick, and a nectarine. We are so glad that Kolby's appetite is coming back. The doctors said to let her eat anything and everything she wanted and that she would probably gain weight. Ha-ha....that didn't happen. We are just so thankful that Kolby is starting to eat anything with calories. She still can hardly wait till she's up to eating McDonald's breakfast and In and Out Burger. We are beginning to see little signs of our Kolbsters again. We couldn't be happier.

Comments

  1. I am so happy that Kolby's appetite is coming back! I was really getting worried!

    Sounds like you had a nice day. The weekends always seem to bring a fresh perspective even if you are a little homebound.

    Hopefully, today is just as good or even a little better than yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallejah! I am so glad she is eating and finding some enjoyment in life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what great things to read! I'm so happy she was able to eat some (and keep it down!). And the best part is that she was wanting specific things :) I've been worried about all of that, so I was happy to read these things! I'm so glad it was a bit better all around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah for junk food!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you had a great day eating!! Keep having your dad go and get food at night.... Keep fighting hard, I'm praying for you and your family...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Father's Day

Today was a great day for our family. Kolby went to church. It was a challenge , but it was really important for Kolby to go to church today with her dad. She got up, got ready and she looked beautiful. I really wish I would have taken pictures of the girls with their dad, but we were in such a hurry to get off to church that I forgot. Next time I will for sure. She was pretty emotional at church. It was a lot for her to get ready and go to church for the first time in a while. She wanted to arrive a few minutes late, and leave a few minutes early. It is really hard for Kolby to see people, only because of all the different emotions she is feeling right now. She gets very emotional when people hug her and express their love and support. She loves it, but right now, she cries every time she has a new visitor or sees people. So, please do not get offended if Kolby is quiet when you see her or visit with her. It's just how she is right now, and that's ok . Everyone deals wit

A little note from me, Kolby.

I want thank Kristi and Kylie for designing these T-Shirts. At first I didn't want my name on the shirt. I really do not like having the attention on me. But, after I saw them I really liked them. Thank you Kristi and Kylie. Also, thank you so much Vicki and Dale for making the t-shirts, you did a great job. I just love them. Thank you!!! This has been really hard on me. I wish I felt better and I want my healthy body back. I miss hanging out with my friends and doing the things I like. I also do not like it when I feel sick. The blisters in my throat and mouth are gone right now, but when I take chemo again I know they will come back. It has been nice feeling good these last few days. I haven't had to have chemo this week because of the scans. It is such a good feeling to feel good again. I never really appreciated my healthy body till now. The chemo makes me feel horrible. I have no energy. I feel nauseous all the time and I get horrible headaches. They hurt so bad. I get s

ONE YEAR CANCER FREE!!!

I am beyond blessed! I finally hit my one year mark on May 22, 2012. After going through chemo for a year and waiting for the those cancer cells to be gone, I have been free from it for a whole year! I cant even begin to tell everyone how excited i am! For my one year, I did some of my favorite things. I went to lunch with Kylie at Panda Express, Outback for dinner with my dad and Gabby and then went and got ice cream at Baskin Robbins! :))