Skip to main content
Tuesday was a "5" Day! Kolby told me she wanted to do something today to keep her mind off of "things". She wanted to go in the pool but then decided she didn't want to. Her friends Gabby and Chloe wanted to hang out and watch movies with her. I thought it was a great idea since she was having her chemo treatment the next day. She vacillated for a while and then she decided to hang out with them. (Which I was really glad for her and me.) I want Kolby to have fun and not just lay around the house. I know it's hard when she doesn't feel good. She admitted to me that she had to make her self take a shower and get ready and then she did feel better. Kolby cannot really go out into public because of her immune system. She is limited to what she can and cannot do. She is starting to get a little cabin fever. I see her wanting to do something, but then on the other hand she wants to just sleep so she doesn't have to feel anything and to forget what she is going through. I can see this wearing on her more and more.

Then in the evening Kolby had an emotional breakdown. She has been strong for so long, and now we are seeing more and more breakdowns. She just wants her life back. And frankly, so do all of us. This is a very hard trial for our whole family. It is very emotionally draining and really depressing. We all have to remember to be patient with one another especially during those stressful moments we are having lately. Especially me lately. I feel bad admitting this, but the last few days have been difficult. We all need "time outs." Then I feel horrible thinking that way when Kolby doesn't get a time out from cancer. Kolby said it just right the other day....this really sucks!!! More than we could have ever imagined.

Today Kolby goes in for another dreaded chemo treatment and spinal tap. She does not want to go. We will also be discussing with the doctors her scans in more detail. We are all dreading this visit. I know how you feel Kolby, I do not want to go either.

Comments

  1. We are thinking about you today and hoping it is a better day than you expect. I am so sorry for how awful this is for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana, This is Paula Arriola. I am on FaceBook with Sarah Barlow and read that your daughter has cancer! Good grief, Dana! What next for you and your family! I have not read through the blog yet but have so many questions for you. I will read first so you do not have so many. I will remember you in my prayers and put her name on the pray list in St. George.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying extra hard for positive news from the doctors and a better day today. *HUGS* ♥ Love you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A little note from me, Kolby.

I want thank Kristi and Kylie for designing these T-Shirts. At first I didn't want my name on the shirt. I really do not like having the attention on me. But, after I saw them I really liked them. Thank you Kristi and Kylie. Also, thank you so much Vicki and Dale for making the t-shirts, you did a great job. I just love them. Thank you!!! This has been really hard on me. I wish I felt better and I want my healthy body back. I miss hanging out with my friends and doing the things I like. I also do not like it when I feel sick. The blisters in my throat and mouth are gone right now, but when I take chemo again I know they will come back. It has been nice feeling good these last few days. I haven't had to have chemo this week because of the scans. It is such a good feeling to feel good again. I never really appreciated my healthy body till now. The chemo makes me feel horrible. I have no energy. I feel nauseous all the time and I get horrible headaches. They hurt so bad. I get s

Father's Day

Today was a great day for our family. Kolby went to church. It was a challenge , but it was really important for Kolby to go to church today with her dad. She got up, got ready and she looked beautiful. I really wish I would have taken pictures of the girls with their dad, but we were in such a hurry to get off to church that I forgot. Next time I will for sure. She was pretty emotional at church. It was a lot for her to get ready and go to church for the first time in a while. She wanted to arrive a few minutes late, and leave a few minutes early. It is really hard for Kolby to see people, only because of all the different emotions she is feeling right now. She gets very emotional when people hug her and express their love and support. She loves it, but right now, she cries every time she has a new visitor or sees people. So, please do not get offended if Kolby is quiet when you see her or visit with her. It's just how she is right now, and that's ok . Everyone deals wit

ONE YEAR CANCER FREE!!!

I am beyond blessed! I finally hit my one year mark on May 22, 2012. After going through chemo for a year and waiting for the those cancer cells to be gone, I have been free from it for a whole year! I cant even begin to tell everyone how excited i am! For my one year, I did some of my favorite things. I went to lunch with Kylie at Panda Express, Outback for dinner with my dad and Gabby and then went and got ice cream at Baskin Robbins! :))