Skip to main content

Slept The Weekend Away...And That's Ok.

Kolby pretty much just slept away the weekend. She wakes up long enough to eat, take her meds and visit for a little while. I did catch her looking on facebook which makes me sad in a way. She looks at all her friends pics and comments. She doesn't say anything, I guess it's just a mom thing. I am probably sadder for her these days. I am sure she wishes she was out hanging with her friends, but she hasn't complained lately. Right now she just wants to feel better. She can hardly wait till the 6 days of the new meds are over. Today is the 5th day. We have figured out a great mixture of her meds to control her pain and nausea. (Hope I am not jinxing it!) Each time she wakes up she wants us to start over the movie "You Got Mail." Then after a few minutes she goes back to sleep. We had a few things to attend this weekend, a bridal shower for Sarah Nielson, a BBQ at the Burrs, and church. She wasn't feeling well enough to attend any of them. John stayed home with Kolby and kept her company. The weather has been perfect for such a lazy weekend. Cloudy....just the way Kolby likes it. She kept hoping it would rain so we could sit in the backyard and watch and enjoy. Instead, she laid around and watched movies and slept all weekend. Sounds like a great weekend to me!

Well, I spoke too soon. Kolby ended up waking up and throwing up everything she had eaten during the day...including some meds.

John told me to read a very touching true story about a young woman who had cancer. It is very sad but touching story....I thought I would share, it is a very inspirational story. The article is called "Living With Dying."

The link is
http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?hideNav=1&locale=0&sourceId=ef81ad74be99b010VgnVCM1000004d82620a____&vgnextoid=024644f8f206c010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD

Comments

  1. Thanks for all your posts. I love to read them everyday. I am the Roth's daughter in law. I loved reading that story you posted, It was a good story of faith and courage and i think we all need a little of that no matter what we are going through. Thanks for sharing. I am praying for you Kolby and your family every day! Hang in there and remember you are SO loved by many and especially your father in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great article! Thanks for sharing. Now let me go wipe my tears :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooops, I guess I forgot to sign out of Kolby's name after working on the blog. That comment above is mine :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Father's Day

Today was a great day for our family. Kolby went to church. It was a challenge , but it was really important for Kolby to go to church today with her dad. She got up, got ready and she looked beautiful. I really wish I would have taken pictures of the girls with their dad, but we were in such a hurry to get off to church that I forgot. Next time I will for sure. She was pretty emotional at church. It was a lot for her to get ready and go to church for the first time in a while. She wanted to arrive a few minutes late, and leave a few minutes early. It is really hard for Kolby to see people, only because of all the different emotions she is feeling right now. She gets very emotional when people hug her and express their love and support. She loves it, but right now, she cries every time she has a new visitor or sees people. So, please do not get offended if Kolby is quiet when you see her or visit with her. It's just how she is right now, and that's ok . Everyone deals wit

A little note from me, Kolby.

I want thank Kristi and Kylie for designing these T-Shirts. At first I didn't want my name on the shirt. I really do not like having the attention on me. But, after I saw them I really liked them. Thank you Kristi and Kylie. Also, thank you so much Vicki and Dale for making the t-shirts, you did a great job. I just love them. Thank you!!! This has been really hard on me. I wish I felt better and I want my healthy body back. I miss hanging out with my friends and doing the things I like. I also do not like it when I feel sick. The blisters in my throat and mouth are gone right now, but when I take chemo again I know they will come back. It has been nice feeling good these last few days. I haven't had to have chemo this week because of the scans. It is such a good feeling to feel good again. I never really appreciated my healthy body till now. The chemo makes me feel horrible. I have no energy. I feel nauseous all the time and I get horrible headaches. They hurt so bad. I get s

ONE YEAR CANCER FREE!!!

I am beyond blessed! I finally hit my one year mark on May 22, 2012. After going through chemo for a year and waiting for the those cancer cells to be gone, I have been free from it for a whole year! I cant even begin to tell everyone how excited i am! For my one year, I did some of my favorite things. I went to lunch with Kylie at Panda Express, Outback for dinner with my dad and Gabby and then went and got ice cream at Baskin Robbins! :))