Skip to main content
Well......now that we are breathing a little easier these days knowing that Kolby is beating the battle.....we sure are enjoying watching Kolby build back her strength and grow back her hair. LOL! Her hair has grown back in about an inch. It's pretty dark too. It sure will be interesting to see what her hair will look like after it has grown a few more inches. Kolby has pulled out her scrap books and she figures her natural hair was always a little bit darker...but thanks to Kristi, her sister who is a hair dresser, the high lights definitely made her hair blonder.

Kolby had another round of chemo last week and she finished all her meds on Tuesday. We are so thankful that the side effects are minimal. Although, on Friday she woke up with absolutely no energy, so she stayed in bed and slept all day. I have to remind myself that Kolby is still undergoing chemo for the next 5 months, and that she is going to have those "under the weather" days. She never complains, and she lives her days like a normal teenager....counting down the days till she turns 16, which is in 10 days. I can't believe it. I am so thankful that her health is improving, and that she is going to see and enjoy her 16th birthday. I hope and pray each year she will continue to celebrate many more birthdays cancer free. As her mother, I will never live a day without the worry of the cancer returning. I admit, it is my biggest fear. It came on so fast and so violently, and it seriously freaks me out just thinking about it. We were so lucky to catch it when we did. If it would have gone into her spine and brain, we wouldn't be celebrating this much anticipated 16th birthday. Today is a great day for Kolby and her family. We just love her, and her strength and positive attitude. We know that having a positive attitude has had a huge impact on her recovery. I hope we can all learn to appreciate life, even when it throws us some bad curves. Staying positive and strong for loved ones especially during trials is such an important part of healing. We know that the Lord wants us to stay positive and rely on him during the difficult times. We are so thankful for our testimonies and the knowledge that we have. Especially knowing that no matter what happens, we will always be a forever family.

Comments

  1. I am also incredibly grateful that Kolby is winning the battle. And I can't wait to see her new hair someday! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A little note from me, Kolby.

I want thank Kristi and Kylie for designing these T-Shirts. At first I didn't want my name on the shirt. I really do not like having the attention on me. But, after I saw them I really liked them. Thank you Kristi and Kylie. Also, thank you so much Vicki and Dale for making the t-shirts, you did a great job. I just love them. Thank you!!! This has been really hard on me. I wish I felt better and I want my healthy body back. I miss hanging out with my friends and doing the things I like. I also do not like it when I feel sick. The blisters in my throat and mouth are gone right now, but when I take chemo again I know they will come back. It has been nice feeling good these last few days. I haven't had to have chemo this week because of the scans. It is such a good feeling to feel good again. I never really appreciated my healthy body till now. The chemo makes me feel horrible. I have no energy. I feel nauseous all the time and I get horrible headaches. They hurt so bad. I get s

Father's Day

Today was a great day for our family. Kolby went to church. It was a challenge , but it was really important for Kolby to go to church today with her dad. She got up, got ready and she looked beautiful. I really wish I would have taken pictures of the girls with their dad, but we were in such a hurry to get off to church that I forgot. Next time I will for sure. She was pretty emotional at church. It was a lot for her to get ready and go to church for the first time in a while. She wanted to arrive a few minutes late, and leave a few minutes early. It is really hard for Kolby to see people, only because of all the different emotions she is feeling right now. She gets very emotional when people hug her and express their love and support. She loves it, but right now, she cries every time she has a new visitor or sees people. So, please do not get offended if Kolby is quiet when you see her or visit with her. It's just how she is right now, and that's ok . Everyone deals wit

ONE YEAR CANCER FREE!!!

I am beyond blessed! I finally hit my one year mark on May 22, 2012. After going through chemo for a year and waiting for the those cancer cells to be gone, I have been free from it for a whole year! I cant even begin to tell everyone how excited i am! For my one year, I did some of my favorite things. I went to lunch with Kylie at Panda Express, Outback for dinner with my dad and Gabby and then went and got ice cream at Baskin Robbins! :))