Skip to main content

Back to School

Kolby did not want Winter break to end. She wasn't ready to go back to school. But she was a trooper and she got up, went to seminary and school. I came home from work and found her sitting on the couch doing her homework and makeup work. But she was exhausted. Thankfully, this chemo treatment didn't make Kolby sick, just tired. Her low energy level gets the best of her. But she is feisty and she does what she wants to do, and then again, she doesn't do what she doesn't want to do too. LOL Kolby is also counting down until she turns 16. 36 more days! Yikes. She is excited about that...but me, I am not in any hurry. Doctor's appointment tomorrow, and they will tell us when her next scans are.

Comments

  1. Happy almost-sweet 16 Kolby! I hope that you are able to do everything that you want to do and that you can also get the rest you need.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Father's Day

Today was a great day for our family. Kolby went to church. It was a challenge , but it was really important for Kolby to go to church today with her dad. She got up, got ready and she looked beautiful. I really wish I would have taken pictures of the girls with their dad, but we were in such a hurry to get off to church that I forgot. Next time I will for sure. She was pretty emotional at church. It was a lot for her to get ready and go to church for the first time in a while. She wanted to arrive a few minutes late, and leave a few minutes early. It is really hard for Kolby to see people, only because of all the different emotions she is feeling right now. She gets very emotional when people hug her and express their love and support. She loves it, but right now, she cries every time she has a new visitor or sees people. So, please do not get offended if Kolby is quiet when you see her or visit with her. It's just how she is right now, and that's ok . Everyone deals wit...

A little note from me, Kolby.

I want thank Kristi and Kylie for designing these T-Shirts. At first I didn't want my name on the shirt. I really do not like having the attention on me. But, after I saw them I really liked them. Thank you Kristi and Kylie. Also, thank you so much Vicki and Dale for making the t-shirts, you did a great job. I just love them. Thank you!!! This has been really hard on me. I wish I felt better and I want my healthy body back. I miss hanging out with my friends and doing the things I like. I also do not like it when I feel sick. The blisters in my throat and mouth are gone right now, but when I take chemo again I know they will come back. It has been nice feeling good these last few days. I haven't had to have chemo this week because of the scans. It is such a good feeling to feel good again. I never really appreciated my healthy body till now. The chemo makes me feel horrible. I have no energy. I feel nauseous all the time and I get horrible headaches. They hurt so bad. I get s...

Results Of My First Scan After Chemo!!!

Today we learned that I am cancer free. I had my first body scan after not receiving chemo and I am officially cancer free! I feel so good. I have been going to the gym every day and eating healthier than ever and I feel wonderful! I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father for allowing me to stay on this earth a little longer with my family and friends. I so appreciate my healthy body more than ever. I know that for every three months for the next five years I will have to have more body scans to make sure this sneaky cancer doesn't return, and I know there is a chance it may come back, but for now I am going to celebrate each moment that I have living a good and clean life. I am so thankful for the gospel in my life, for my family, friends, nurses and doctors who played a huge role in my life this past year. I know that bad things happen to good people to make them better and I am a better person because of this trial. I will never give up hope, and I know there is always a rainbow ...