Skip to main content

Another Round of Chemo!

Last night was probably one of Kolby's worst nights in a long time. She was miserable and in a lot of pain. Sometimes Kolby gets fed up with all the meds she takes, and yesterday was one of them. She didn't take her pain meds and she paid for it last night. I did everything I could for her from foot massages, back tickling, hands, shoulders and arms rubbed, and nothing helped. In fact, she said it stung when I touched her. She took a nice hot bath around 12:30 in the morning. When she came out I had fallen asleep. So she watched a movie, and when it was over she woke me up in tears. I suggested another bath, and she decided to take another one. This time I stayed awake. I kept going in and checking on her. She was in there for about an hour and a half. Finally, around 4:30 a.m. she fell fast asleep. I felt so bad for her. It was a difficult long night, and I was glad when she finally fell asleep. Kolby slept in till noon, got up and went for her chemo treatment. She was still feeling very tired and weak.

Here's Kolby waiting in the doctor's office with her dad. We just love the doctor's office. There are several different patient rooms that are decorated in different themes. The whole office is very kid friendly. They have drawers full of treats and little refrigerators full of juice boxes for the kids. They even have a couple drawers full of toys. They are very generous and the kids are allowed to take as much as they want....after all they sure do deserve it after all they go through. Kolby has her favorite treats that she loves to get. After Kolby's chemo treatments, they always make her eat a little bit before she leaves.
Her dad snapped this picture right before Kolby woke up. She usually sleeps for an hour or so after her spinal tap. She is always really tired after the treatments. The nurse and her dad thought she didn't look as good after this treatment, so they encouraged her to rest a little longer....but that stubborn Kolby just wanted to go home. Kolby has slept most of the afternoon and evening. She took another hot bubble bath and now she is in bed. I sure hope she gets a full night's rest tonight. We sure hope Kolby feels good for these next several days after chemo. We just never know how it will affect her. Each time it is different. But we have to stay positive and always hope for the best!




Comments

  1. Kolby,

    As I have said so many times before, I am so sorry you have to go through this. It makes me so sad to think of such a beautiful, amazing girl having to go through so much. I am amazed by you and your family taking it as it comes (I know there isn't much of a choice, but I appreciate your constant willingness to hope for a better day).

    I pray that you WILL have a better day with less pain.

    Love, Kristin Chesnik

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang it...was the sick night the same night as the hoedown? Kolby seemed to be doing so well! I guess that is what is so tricky...things can change so quickly.

    we'll be thinking of you during the next few days and hoping that recovering from chemo is manageable.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A little note from me, Kolby.

I want thank Kristi and Kylie for designing these T-Shirts. At first I didn't want my name on the shirt. I really do not like having the attention on me. But, after I saw them I really liked them. Thank you Kristi and Kylie. Also, thank you so much Vicki and Dale for making the t-shirts, you did a great job. I just love them. Thank you!!! This has been really hard on me. I wish I felt better and I want my healthy body back. I miss hanging out with my friends and doing the things I like. I also do not like it when I feel sick. The blisters in my throat and mouth are gone right now, but when I take chemo again I know they will come back. It has been nice feeling good these last few days. I haven't had to have chemo this week because of the scans. It is such a good feeling to feel good again. I never really appreciated my healthy body till now. The chemo makes me feel horrible. I have no energy. I feel nauseous all the time and I get horrible headaches. They hurt so bad. I get s

Father's Day

Today was a great day for our family. Kolby went to church. It was a challenge , but it was really important for Kolby to go to church today with her dad. She got up, got ready and she looked beautiful. I really wish I would have taken pictures of the girls with their dad, but we were in such a hurry to get off to church that I forgot. Next time I will for sure. She was pretty emotional at church. It was a lot for her to get ready and go to church for the first time in a while. She wanted to arrive a few minutes late, and leave a few minutes early. It is really hard for Kolby to see people, only because of all the different emotions she is feeling right now. She gets very emotional when people hug her and express their love and support. She loves it, but right now, she cries every time she has a new visitor or sees people. So, please do not get offended if Kolby is quiet when you see her or visit with her. It's just how she is right now, and that's ok . Everyone deals wit

ONE YEAR CANCER FREE!!!

I am beyond blessed! I finally hit my one year mark on May 22, 2012. After going through chemo for a year and waiting for the those cancer cells to be gone, I have been free from it for a whole year! I cant even begin to tell everyone how excited i am! For my one year, I did some of my favorite things. I went to lunch with Kylie at Panda Express, Outback for dinner with my dad and Gabby and then went and got ice cream at Baskin Robbins! :))