Skip to main content
Kolby had another great week at school. Honestly, I was surprised she went today. She had a difficult time waking up and she told me that she hardly had any energy. She said she would try and go and call either her dad or I if she needed to be picked up. But she was a trooper and ended up staying all day.

Kolby went to the doctors on Wednesday and everything went great. Her numbers were up and everything is on schedule. Kolby also has to have another PET Scan, CT Scan on her body, and an EKG and an EEG scan on her heart to make sure the chemo hasn't damaged it. We always look forward to the results hoping that her tumors are still shrinking and that there are no more new "spots".

It is always a scary thing. Kolby and I have been following another blog "Sweet and Sassy." This is a blog about a girl who lives in Utah and has cancer too. She was also a cheer leader and such a darling girl. She too was doing so good and looking so good, and then all of a sudden she took a turn for the worse and she passed away last month. We just found out about it the other day and it hit us both really hard. We couldn't believe it. That is what is so scary to me. You just never know.

John, Kolby and I met with Kolby's counselor and teachers on Thursday and we officially set up her 504 plan. The meeting went well and we got all of her accommodations set up. Her counselor and teachers were so accommodating. We are so thankful for them and their willingness to help Kolby out. They also could only praise Kolby. They were so impressed with how responsible she is. Us adults all made the comment that we would be milking it, and taking off as much school as we could....but not Kolby. She doesn't want to miss school if she cannot help it.

We hope and pray that Kolby continues to keep feeling as well as she has. We know how life can change in seconds, but for now....Kolby is doing great, feeling great and taking great care of herself.

Comments

  1. Hey Dana,
    Natalie Jolley and her family are our good friends. Her amazing mom used to babysit Riley when he was a baby. We love the Jolley's with all of our hearts and have followed their entire journey with cancer. They are amazing people with such strong and powerful testimonies of our Savior and his plan for us. We visited with Natalie just a few weeks before she passed away and the spirt that beautiful little girl had was amazing. She was happy and peaceful and ready to move on to the incredible life she knew was waiting for her. I wish you could have met her.

    My heart has been breaking for you because I have seen the Jolleys face this same horrible disease. But, girl, I believe in miracles and in our Heavenly Father's plan. Hang in there and know you are always in our prayers.

    Love you,
    Maranda

    p.s. If you ever wanted to get in touch with the Jolleys I am sure they would love to talk to you! Marjean makes your heart feel better and stronger just by being around her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maranda,

    Thank you so much for your comment. It made me cry and made my day. Thank you so much. I just might take you up on that one day. I wrote on Natalie's blog a couple times to express my admiration of her strength and Kolby was truly impressed with her bravery. Kolby doesn't ever think she could post a picture of her without her hair on, and she really admired that in Natalie.

    Thank you for always leaving sweet comments on her blog. Our family loves reading them and they give up strength knowing that we have so many dear friends who keep us in their prayers and hearts. We draw from everyone's strength and we are so thankful and blessed. Even Kolby reads the comments all the time. It's great to know that we are not alone....even with family and friends that are hundreds of miles away.

    I love ya Maranda and we miss your sweet family. Thanks again!

    Hugs and kisses,
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so, so grateful that Kolby is doing well. She is always in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, that breaks my heart about the other girl. I'm so proud of Kolby and all that she does to take care of herself and how responsible she is with school and all! You never know from day to day how things will be, so really, each day is ANOTHER miracle!!!!! We love you guys so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such great news! I am in awe that you're all carrying on so well with school, work, church callings, etc. Simply amazing...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A little note from me, Kolby.

I want thank Kristi and Kylie for designing these T-Shirts. At first I didn't want my name on the shirt. I really do not like having the attention on me. But, after I saw them I really liked them. Thank you Kristi and Kylie. Also, thank you so much Vicki and Dale for making the t-shirts, you did a great job. I just love them. Thank you!!! This has been really hard on me. I wish I felt better and I want my healthy body back. I miss hanging out with my friends and doing the things I like. I also do not like it when I feel sick. The blisters in my throat and mouth are gone right now, but when I take chemo again I know they will come back. It has been nice feeling good these last few days. I haven't had to have chemo this week because of the scans. It is such a good feeling to feel good again. I never really appreciated my healthy body till now. The chemo makes me feel horrible. I have no energy. I feel nauseous all the time and I get horrible headaches. They hurt so bad. I get s

ONE YEAR CANCER FREE!!!

I am beyond blessed! I finally hit my one year mark on May 22, 2012. After going through chemo for a year and waiting for the those cancer cells to be gone, I have been free from it for a whole year! I cant even begin to tell everyone how excited i am! For my one year, I did some of my favorite things. I went to lunch with Kylie at Panda Express, Outback for dinner with my dad and Gabby and then went and got ice cream at Baskin Robbins! :))

Father's Day

Today was a great day for our family. Kolby went to church. It was a challenge , but it was really important for Kolby to go to church today with her dad. She got up, got ready and she looked beautiful. I really wish I would have taken pictures of the girls with their dad, but we were in such a hurry to get off to church that I forgot. Next time I will for sure. She was pretty emotional at church. It was a lot for her to get ready and go to church for the first time in a while. She wanted to arrive a few minutes late, and leave a few minutes early. It is really hard for Kolby to see people, only because of all the different emotions she is feeling right now. She gets very emotional when people hug her and express their love and support. She loves it, but right now, she cries every time she has a new visitor or sees people. So, please do not get offended if Kolby is quiet when you see her or visit with her. It's just how she is right now, and that's ok . Everyone deals wit