Skip to main content

Question?

This round of chemo hasn't been as kind as the last few. Days seems to be pretty easy, but the nights have been rough. Between her chest hurting, nausea, and her legs killing her, she was able to sneak in a few hours of sleep here and there. I am still just amazed at Kolby's desire to do all the things she wants to do. Even her doctors and nurses are amazed that Kolby is as active as she is. We have even talked to other parents who have had children with cancer, and they too are amazed that Kolby is so active. Usually kids going through cancer and chemo hardly every want to leave the comfort of their home. Home schooling is usually their choice too.
We have noticed with Kolby that she is either really good or really bad. There really isn't too much of the "middle". Kolby doesn't complain that much, but when she does, she deserves too. We just let her and love her through the tough times. She tells us that life is too precious, and she wants to live it to the fullest.

After Kolby learned that her scans came back negative, she wanted to know why she has to continue chemo. We explained to her that if she quit chemo, that her type of cancer would come back just as aggressive as it came. At this stage in the game, she has made it to first base. The chemo has killed the cancer that was already present in her body. Not to say that there aren't any cancer cells hiding somewhere, not all cancer shows up on the scans, especially the sneaky cancer that likes to hide. There was a little activity in her neck and on one of her ovaries, but not enough to worry about. But, as her mom I worry about it, but her doctors say that there is nothing to worry about at this point. We explained all of this to Kolby, and she understands. She may not like it, but she said she would continue with the chemo. (lol)

Kolby hasn't had a melt down in quite a while. Before this last chemo treatment she had a pretty serious melt down. She wasn't ready mentally for another round of scans and chemo treatment. Kolby hates missing school too. Today (Sunday) she doesn't feel too well. Her hair has started growing back in, (kind of like arm hair), but she told me that it was falling out again. We both agreed that it was better for fuzzy hair to fall out, instead of a few inches of growth. We were planning on attending Stake Conference this morning, but Kolby wasn't feeling well enough. John and Kristi went, and Kolby and I stayed home. She has slept most of the morning. I had to wake her to take her morning meds, then she fell back to sleep. During breakfast we noticed Kolby's hands shaking. It's the meds, those nasty meds that make her feel so yucky and cranky! It's still a struggle to get her to take those meds...she hates them. Actually, I like it when John gives her her meds. She never gives him a hard time. They have a great relationship and I am so thankful that John is so patient and ready to take over when Kolby has had enough of "the mom!" And I cannot thank Kristi enough for her love and support when I am not around. And for Kylie and Jeff for picking up Kolby when she needs a ride and for buying her lunch and hanging out with her in the afternoons. I am so thankful for my family and for the love and support they show each other. Kolby, thanks for being such a trooper and for your positive attitude even when you are down.
Few more days of meds Kolby....you can do it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little note from me, Kolby.

I want thank Kristi and Kylie for designing these T-Shirts. At first I didn't want my name on the shirt. I really do not like having the attention on me. But, after I saw them I really liked them. Thank you Kristi and Kylie. Also, thank you so much Vicki and Dale for making the t-shirts, you did a great job. I just love them. Thank you!!! This has been really hard on me. I wish I felt better and I want my healthy body back. I miss hanging out with my friends and doing the things I like. I also do not like it when I feel sick. The blisters in my throat and mouth are gone right now, but when I take chemo again I know they will come back. It has been nice feeling good these last few days. I haven't had to have chemo this week because of the scans. It is such a good feeling to feel good again. I never really appreciated my healthy body till now. The chemo makes me feel horrible. I have no energy. I feel nauseous all the time and I get horrible headaches. They hurt so bad. I get s

Father's Day

Today was a great day for our family. Kolby went to church. It was a challenge , but it was really important for Kolby to go to church today with her dad. She got up, got ready and she looked beautiful. I really wish I would have taken pictures of the girls with their dad, but we were in such a hurry to get off to church that I forgot. Next time I will for sure. She was pretty emotional at church. It was a lot for her to get ready and go to church for the first time in a while. She wanted to arrive a few minutes late, and leave a few minutes early. It is really hard for Kolby to see people, only because of all the different emotions she is feeling right now. She gets very emotional when people hug her and express their love and support. She loves it, but right now, she cries every time she has a new visitor or sees people. So, please do not get offended if Kolby is quiet when you see her or visit with her. It's just how she is right now, and that's ok . Everyone deals wit

ONE YEAR CANCER FREE!!!

I am beyond blessed! I finally hit my one year mark on May 22, 2012. After going through chemo for a year and waiting for the those cancer cells to be gone, I have been free from it for a whole year! I cant even begin to tell everyone how excited i am! For my one year, I did some of my favorite things. I went to lunch with Kylie at Panda Express, Outback for dinner with my dad and Gabby and then went and got ice cream at Baskin Robbins! :))