Skip to main content

Dr. Rashid and Kolby

Kolby's dad took Kolby to her doctor's appointment today. Dr. Rashid is Kolby's doctor. John and I are very grateful for her and for her tender care with Kolby. She has genuinely cared for Kolby and has gone beyond what we ever expected in a doctor. Kolby's positive attitude has a lot to do with Dr. Rashid's positive attitude and caring disposition. We will be forever in debt to her service as a doctor and a friend.

Kolby's appointment went pretty good. Kolby's numbers were almost low enough for her to have to have a blood transfusion. That girl lucks out....she beats the odds and ends up not having to have to endure that dreaded blood transfusion. Although, surprisingly Kolby has commented to John and I a couple times that if she feels any worse she may want one. So we'll see...maybe one day.

Kolby is doing pretty good in school. She has never really struggled before, but she is a little concerned about her math class. She even asked me if I would find her a math tutor. Kolby has missed a few days here and there besides her days of treatment. Math is probably the hardest subject to miss because you miss out on so much instruction. Although, her math teacher is very supportive and understanding with Kolby and her needs, and I am so thankful for her. I wish I was more knowledgeable in geometry. But other than that, Kolby is keeping up with her studies and homework.

Kolby has 6 more days until chemo. We are nervous about this chemo treatment because it is going to be a different chemo and we do not know how Kolby's body is going to react. Thank goodness for the extra long weekend for recovery. I am going to keep my fingers crossed that her poor little body doesn't react violently to these upcoming treatments.

Kolby is getting to be a pretty good driver. She only has a few more months until she turns 16 and gets that drivers licence her dad and I are so dreading. LOL John is wonderful with letting her drive to seminary each morning and drive wherever we go. She loves to drive and she can hardly wait to drive alone. (Yikes!!!) We are just thankful that Kolby is a well enough teenager to make us worry and we wouldn't have it any other way!!!!

Comments

  1. Math is the hardest subject to miss. Good luck Kolby! You are doing AWESOME!

    We will, as always, being keeping her in our prayers that the new chemo will be both effective and tolerable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister is a tutor and she tutors from young young age all the way up to adult. She's really good at it. She's in NW Vegas. If you want to talk to her about it, you can email me at sayrah88@gmail.com and I'll give you her information. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish we were still there... I would love to be her tutor! I could probably even make myself not hate geometry so much if it were for Kolby...haha!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A little note from me, Kolby.

I want thank Kristi and Kylie for designing these T-Shirts. At first I didn't want my name on the shirt. I really do not like having the attention on me. But, after I saw them I really liked them. Thank you Kristi and Kylie. Also, thank you so much Vicki and Dale for making the t-shirts, you did a great job. I just love them. Thank you!!! This has been really hard on me. I wish I felt better and I want my healthy body back. I miss hanging out with my friends and doing the things I like. I also do not like it when I feel sick. The blisters in my throat and mouth are gone right now, but when I take chemo again I know they will come back. It has been nice feeling good these last few days. I haven't had to have chemo this week because of the scans. It is such a good feeling to feel good again. I never really appreciated my healthy body till now. The chemo makes me feel horrible. I have no energy. I feel nauseous all the time and I get horrible headaches. They hurt so bad. I get s

Father's Day

Today was a great day for our family. Kolby went to church. It was a challenge , but it was really important for Kolby to go to church today with her dad. She got up, got ready and she looked beautiful. I really wish I would have taken pictures of the girls with their dad, but we were in such a hurry to get off to church that I forgot. Next time I will for sure. She was pretty emotional at church. It was a lot for her to get ready and go to church for the first time in a while. She wanted to arrive a few minutes late, and leave a few minutes early. It is really hard for Kolby to see people, only because of all the different emotions she is feeling right now. She gets very emotional when people hug her and express their love and support. She loves it, but right now, she cries every time she has a new visitor or sees people. So, please do not get offended if Kolby is quiet when you see her or visit with her. It's just how she is right now, and that's ok . Everyone deals wit

ONE YEAR CANCER FREE!!!

I am beyond blessed! I finally hit my one year mark on May 22, 2012. After going through chemo for a year and waiting for the those cancer cells to be gone, I have been free from it for a whole year! I cant even begin to tell everyone how excited i am! For my one year, I did some of my favorite things. I went to lunch with Kylie at Panda Express, Outback for dinner with my dad and Gabby and then went and got ice cream at Baskin Robbins! :))