Skip to main content

Hey...It's Kolby!

Hey there everybody...it's Kolby. So many people are so nice to me that I just want to thank everyone for all of the thoughts and things that everybody does for me. Sometimes I can't believe how amazing people can be. I just wish I could tell everyone how grateful I am for all you do for me and my family. Having cancer has been really hard on me, but people I know and people I don't know, have been really really sweet and amazing. I just wanted to write a quick little note to say thank you to everybody.

I recieved a card and a letter in the mail this week and I wanted to share them. Kay Hettinger, who is like my favorite Great Grandmother sent me a special "caring about you card". What makes it so special is that she has sent me like a hundred cards already! Even though she isn't really family, it feels like she has always been related to us because she is so thoughtful and giving and she is the sweetest Great Grandmother in the whole world!




Next a letter came from a girl who I don't even know who lives in Logan Utah. It was so unexpected and it was so sweet and it made my day! Thank you Taylor for your letter and your kind gift. It really meant a lot to me. Even though we never met, I can tell that you are the kind of person everybody wants for a best friend. It is shows in your words and your sacrifice!!



So I just wanted to let all of you know that I am so thankful for all the selfless acts of kindness that you perform towards me. When I have bad days...it makes it better when I think about everybody who is pulling and praying for me to make it through. I really really appreciate you all.

Love,
Kolby

Comments

  1. Taylor is one amazing little girl. That is such a sweet gesture.
    Just want you to know that we love you, Kolby. You are one strong and amazing young woman. I pray that all goes well tomorrow with all of your tests. We always pray for you and will be praying for great results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you and your family are getting the support you need and deserve. We Chesniks just think so mcuh of you and your strength. We are most certainly pulling for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so great that you have so much support from EVERYONE! It's neat and very touching. Thanks for sharing Kolby! You KNOW we have your back ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A little note from me, Kolby.

I want thank Kristi and Kylie for designing these T-Shirts. At first I didn't want my name on the shirt. I really do not like having the attention on me. But, after I saw them I really liked them. Thank you Kristi and Kylie. Also, thank you so much Vicki and Dale for making the t-shirts, you did a great job. I just love them. Thank you!!! This has been really hard on me. I wish I felt better and I want my healthy body back. I miss hanging out with my friends and doing the things I like. I also do not like it when I feel sick. The blisters in my throat and mouth are gone right now, but when I take chemo again I know they will come back. It has been nice feeling good these last few days. I haven't had to have chemo this week because of the scans. It is such a good feeling to feel good again. I never really appreciated my healthy body till now. The chemo makes me feel horrible. I have no energy. I feel nauseous all the time and I get horrible headaches. They hurt so bad. I get s

Father's Day

Today was a great day for our family. Kolby went to church. It was a challenge , but it was really important for Kolby to go to church today with her dad. She got up, got ready and she looked beautiful. I really wish I would have taken pictures of the girls with their dad, but we were in such a hurry to get off to church that I forgot. Next time I will for sure. She was pretty emotional at church. It was a lot for her to get ready and go to church for the first time in a while. She wanted to arrive a few minutes late, and leave a few minutes early. It is really hard for Kolby to see people, only because of all the different emotions she is feeling right now. She gets very emotional when people hug her and express their love and support. She loves it, but right now, she cries every time she has a new visitor or sees people. So, please do not get offended if Kolby is quiet when you see her or visit with her. It's just how she is right now, and that's ok . Everyone deals wit

ONE YEAR CANCER FREE!!!

I am beyond blessed! I finally hit my one year mark on May 22, 2012. After going through chemo for a year and waiting for the those cancer cells to be gone, I have been free from it for a whole year! I cant even begin to tell everyone how excited i am! For my one year, I did some of my favorite things. I went to lunch with Kylie at Panda Express, Outback for dinner with my dad and Gabby and then went and got ice cream at Baskin Robbins! :))