Skip to main content
Kolby had another good weekend. Friday night was the Homecoming game. Kolby did not make Sophomore Dutchess, but her dear friend Mariah Weber made it. Kolby was thrilled for her, and a little relieved and a tad disappointed, but she was so honored to be nominated. Her dad helped pull the Sophomore float, which turned out to be darling. It was the Little Mermaid theme. The game was fun, but she only stayed for half of it, then came home and went straight to bed. She was wiped out. Then on Saturday, she slept in, visited with a few of her friends that came over while her older sister, Kristi, did their hair for Homecoming. Then she went over to Gabby's house to help her babysit. She then came home and zonked out again. On Sunday she slept in, watched conference, and hung out with her cousin Drew.

Kolby had a nice weekend full of fun and relaxation. This upcoming week is going to be a busy one for Kolby. She has her heart scans and body scans....PLUS chemo on Thursday. We are anxiously waiting to see and hear the results of her scans. We sure hope that the cancer is shrinking even more and that there are no more tumors. We also hope and pray that the chemo isn't damaging her heart. We all know that Kolby is in the Lord's hands, but we still always hope and pray for miracles.

I know John posted on her last post and thanked everyone involved in the Walk for Kolby at Schofield Middle School. But I wanted to personally thank everyone involved. This was such a selfless and wonderful act of kindness. I know it took a lot of time and preparation to get the students and staff involved and we are so impressed and humbled. Our hearts are heavy with appreciation and we cannot thank you enough. Thanks you Schofield students for serving a fellow student of Schofield. Kolby was so touched and so thankful for all of you.

Thank you to everyone who participated in all of Kolby's auctions. Taralee and Kristin told John and I that they thanked everyone who donated and bid on items and that it wasn't necessary for us to personally thank each one. But I feel like I should. Thank you so much for generously donating items and services in behalf of Kolby. And thank you so much to everyone who bid on an item. It was such an exciting auction. We would go on it several times a day and we just couldn't believe every one's excitement and generosity. Thank you Thank you Thank you!! Taralee and Kristin, you know how much we love and appreciate all of your hard work putting this together each week. Thank you for wanting to help out our family during this difficult time. You have helped make this heavy load lighter, especially with the financial aspect of this process. We haven't had to worry about one bill that has come our way thanks to you all!!!! Thank you all so much! Our family has learned a very valuable lesson during this journey, and we hope and pray that one day we can return this act of kindness to others in need.
THANK YOU!!!!

Comments

  1. I am so glad that Kolby had a fun, relaxing weekend. She is always in our thoughts and prayers.

    That Schofield Middle School run for Kolby sounds like it was extremely successful. Josh pledged to Buddy Davies and he was so excited about the money he collected to help. It was so cute!

    I was truly privileged to be a part of the auctions. So many people who love you and even complete strangers felt compelled to help because of your sweet family. We just love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, you guys are so welcome! I can't tell you how special it was to be able to serve you guys in a way like this. So many people came together to support the auctions and I'm grateful I was able to be a part of them. The rest of your money is coming soon. I'm just waiting on one more person to pay. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A little note from me, Kolby.

I want thank Kristi and Kylie for designing these T-Shirts. At first I didn't want my name on the shirt. I really do not like having the attention on me. But, after I saw them I really liked them. Thank you Kristi and Kylie. Also, thank you so much Vicki and Dale for making the t-shirts, you did a great job. I just love them. Thank you!!! This has been really hard on me. I wish I felt better and I want my healthy body back. I miss hanging out with my friends and doing the things I like. I also do not like it when I feel sick. The blisters in my throat and mouth are gone right now, but when I take chemo again I know they will come back. It has been nice feeling good these last few days. I haven't had to have chemo this week because of the scans. It is such a good feeling to feel good again. I never really appreciated my healthy body till now. The chemo makes me feel horrible. I have no energy. I feel nauseous all the time and I get horrible headaches. They hurt so bad. I get s

Father's Day

Today was a great day for our family. Kolby went to church. It was a challenge , but it was really important for Kolby to go to church today with her dad. She got up, got ready and she looked beautiful. I really wish I would have taken pictures of the girls with their dad, but we were in such a hurry to get off to church that I forgot. Next time I will for sure. She was pretty emotional at church. It was a lot for her to get ready and go to church for the first time in a while. She wanted to arrive a few minutes late, and leave a few minutes early. It is really hard for Kolby to see people, only because of all the different emotions she is feeling right now. She gets very emotional when people hug her and express their love and support. She loves it, but right now, she cries every time she has a new visitor or sees people. So, please do not get offended if Kolby is quiet when you see her or visit with her. It's just how she is right now, and that's ok . Everyone deals wit

ONE YEAR CANCER FREE!!!

I am beyond blessed! I finally hit my one year mark on May 22, 2012. After going through chemo for a year and waiting for the those cancer cells to be gone, I have been free from it for a whole year! I cant even begin to tell everyone how excited i am! For my one year, I did some of my favorite things. I went to lunch with Kylie at Panda Express, Outback for dinner with my dad and Gabby and then went and got ice cream at Baskin Robbins! :))