Skip to main content
Kolby has felt good all weekend. She even hung out with some friends and went to a pumpkin patch on Saturday night with Kylie and Gabby and went on the rides. Kolby loves Halloween and all the decorations. She even asked her dad to buy some big pumpkins so the whole family can carve pumpkins for Family Home Evening next week.

Today at church I was called to be the assistant camp director in our ward. Kolby (and I) are really excited because that means she is definitely going to Girl's Camp with me this year if all goes well with the finalization of her treatments. Speaking of treatments, we are all nervous for this upcoming Thursday and the new chemo drug. Especially Kolby. She realized that Thursday was the day to dress up for Halloween at school, and she'll have to miss it. I told her I could change her day to Friday since I have that day off too, but she is worried that she is going to be sick and she wants the extra day to re coop before Wednesday of next week since it is a 5 day weekend. Heck, I would tell my mom to reschedule....but not Kolby...she doesn't want to miss school if she doesn't have to. (Me, I would suck it up!)

Right now, Kolby is sitting on the couch doing homework. She is feeling good and is feeling the stresses of balancing her life. Cancer is an obstacle for Kolby. She is jumping over the hurdle, and running the race. I sure am proud of my daughter. She is an example to me. She is strong, and yet she embraces life with such a courageous attitude. I am so thankful for Kolby in my life. I love you Kolby Kay! Have a great week, and no matter how the new chemo makes your body react, I am here with you all the way!

Comments

  1. I am so glad you are doing well now Kolby! Good luck in the coming days!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are all AMAZING!! I will be praying for things to go well with the new stuff on Thursday too. I have been meaning to tell you all thank you for your talks last Sunday. Your family is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited to have you and Kolby at camp next year too! We'll have fun...

    I'm anxious to hear how Thursday, and the days that follow, go. Hopefully, it will not be as bad as feared.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you said in the last paragraph! "Cancer is an obstacle. She's jumping over hurdles and running the race". That just seems to be some perfect words! I'm so glad that you are such an acrobat because you're doing more than most people could do!!! You amaze me girl :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A little note from me, Kolby.

I want thank Kristi and Kylie for designing these T-Shirts. At first I didn't want my name on the shirt. I really do not like having the attention on me. But, after I saw them I really liked them. Thank you Kristi and Kylie. Also, thank you so much Vicki and Dale for making the t-shirts, you did a great job. I just love them. Thank you!!! This has been really hard on me. I wish I felt better and I want my healthy body back. I miss hanging out with my friends and doing the things I like. I also do not like it when I feel sick. The blisters in my throat and mouth are gone right now, but when I take chemo again I know they will come back. It has been nice feeling good these last few days. I haven't had to have chemo this week because of the scans. It is such a good feeling to feel good again. I never really appreciated my healthy body till now. The chemo makes me feel horrible. I have no energy. I feel nauseous all the time and I get horrible headaches. They hurt so bad. I get s

Father's Day

Today was a great day for our family. Kolby went to church. It was a challenge , but it was really important for Kolby to go to church today with her dad. She got up, got ready and she looked beautiful. I really wish I would have taken pictures of the girls with their dad, but we were in such a hurry to get off to church that I forgot. Next time I will for sure. She was pretty emotional at church. It was a lot for her to get ready and go to church for the first time in a while. She wanted to arrive a few minutes late, and leave a few minutes early. It is really hard for Kolby to see people, only because of all the different emotions she is feeling right now. She gets very emotional when people hug her and express their love and support. She loves it, but right now, she cries every time she has a new visitor or sees people. So, please do not get offended if Kolby is quiet when you see her or visit with her. It's just how she is right now, and that's ok . Everyone deals wit

ONE YEAR CANCER FREE!!!

I am beyond blessed! I finally hit my one year mark on May 22, 2012. After going through chemo for a year and waiting for the those cancer cells to be gone, I have been free from it for a whole year! I cant even begin to tell everyone how excited i am! For my one year, I did some of my favorite things. I went to lunch with Kylie at Panda Express, Outback for dinner with my dad and Gabby and then went and got ice cream at Baskin Robbins! :))